Do you need a new or an updated professional business portrait? Below are a few key elements that help create professional corporate portraits.
1. Professional lighting – Your photographer needs to have a solid knowledge of how to use professional lighting equipment and needs to know when to add or subtract light quickly and effectively. This is crucial since lighting can add or subtract weight in a subject’s face.
2. Posing – Your photographer should guide you through your session and make subtle movements to your poses or body position. Certain poses can help with sliming the subject’s body, as well as the face.
3. Expression – A professional photographer must be able to verbally create a desired expression in a short window of time. Your image should reflect approachability, and confidence.
4. Lens selection – Correct lens selection is a critical element to a business portrait session. Selecting the incorrect lens could add weight to a subject or compress an image to where it is unpleasing to the eye.
5. Attire – We recommend professional attire specific for your industry. A good rule of thumb is to wear what you would to an important sales meeting or an interview. Still need help with this? We can assist with clothing selection should you opt to bring in a few clothing options for your session.
6. Digital Retouching – This option is not meant to correct bad photography or poor lighting. Retouching a tool used to remove blemishes, stray hairs, whiten teeth or smooth facial lines. The digital retouching on your final image should be subtle and the image should still look like you.
Michael Carr has over 20 years of experience in Portraits. His studio is located in a professional office building near the Galleria area, on Woodway, 77057. View our map here. Since we are a full service studio, we can handle all phases of your portrait session from the capture phase, retouching and image enhancement phase, and final delivery of your digital business headshot portrait. Contact us and schedule your business portrait today, and visit our site here to learn more about our services: 713-461-2862.